Friday

i am not a dog

I was desperate for my Mummy to look at me this afternoon but she just wouldn't do it. I know why. It was because I had covered my whole face with blue water colour paint. I started with the cheeks, moved on to the lips, then painted big strips over each eye. I looked great, I know I did AND my Mummy knew I did too only she wouldn't look at me. Why do parents do that ignoring thing? It may work for dogs 'only give praise for good behaviour and always ignore bad' but what I had done wasn't bad it was creative and inventive and was surely worthy of some sort of smirk. Tomorrow I will try and make Mummy crack. I know she is only moments away from laughing. Perhaps if I paint my little sisters face instead of mine and give her a more professional make-up application she will not only laugh but see my awakening talent too.